Once your site is built and deployed, there is still work to be done. Analysis is an ongoing exercise and is essential for targeting the right customers, and understanding their behaviour to better tailor the site to suit their needs.
It’s not enough to just have a counter of how many people have visited your site any more - you have to understand a number of other factors, including:
- Where are your visitors coming from?
- What pages are they landing on?
- How do they interact with your site?
It’s also important to know how your site is being found:
- What keywords are people finding you on search engines with?
- How do those keywords compare with current trends?
- Are social channels being used to find your site?
- Who are your top referrers?
The answers to these questions (along with many more) can better inform design decisions, and ultimately help to convert more of your visitors into customers.
As someone who has used Google Analytics since it’s release in 2005, and holds a Google Partners Analytics Certification, I can offer insight into your website traffic